This recipe is sponsored by EZ Tofu Press. All opinions are 100% my own.
Crunchy, spicy, tangy tofu and creamy broccoli slaw combine to make the ultimate buffalo tofu tacos! Make the tofu in the oven or in the air fryer.
These buffalo tofu tacos are stuffed with my ultra-crunchy buffalo tofu wings. These tacos are absolutely packed with texture and flavor. I can't wait for you to try it!
Before you start prepping anything else, I definitely recommend pressing your tofu for this recipe. Pressing gets the excess water out, so your tofu is super firm and ready to drink in that flavorful buffalo sauce marinade.
If you've been following my site, you know that I love pressing my tofu with the EZ Tofu Press. The EZ Tofu Press makes pressing quick and easy while maintaining the shape of your tofu block.
After pressing, slice your tofu into rectangular "fingers", and marinate them in tangy vegan buffalo sauce.
Then, remove the tofu from the sauce, and set it aside, but save that sauce! You're going to whisk in some vegan mayo and use it to adhere panko breadcrumbs to the tofu.
Dredge the tofu in the buffalo sauce-mayo mixture, then pat on plenty of crunchy panko. Now, stick that in the oven or the air fryer.
While the tofu cooks, prep your veggies for the broccoli slaw and mix that all up.
Make sure that you are cutting that broccoli into very small pieces. I like to use my food processor to dice the broccoli and shred the cabbage, but you can do this by hand, if needed.
When the tofu is done, arrange a few pieces in a corn tortilla. Top each taco off with a nice scoop of slaw, and devour!
Choosing vegan buffalo sauce
A lot of buffalo sauce at the store is naturally vegan, but some brands -- or even some varieties of otherwise vegan brands -- add butter to help the sauce adhere to wings.
When you're shopping for buffalo sauce, just make sure you check the label for dairy ingredients. You'll find plenty of vegan options!
Store leftovers in an airtight container, separately if you can. Reheat the tofu in the oven or air fryer, then top it with the chilled leftover slaw.
Leftovers will keep for three to five days in airtight containers in the fridge.
Buffalo tofu tacos recipe
For the tofu
For the broccoli slaw
- 1 cup minced broccoli
- ½ cup shredded cabbage - purple is prettiest, but green also works fine
- 1 green onion - chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds - optional
- ⅓ cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
For the tacos
- 8 small flour tortillas - warmed
- chopped green onion
Make the buffalo tofu
- If you're baking the tofu, preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Toss together the tofu and ¼ cup of the buffalo sauce in a shallow dish. Set aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes, then transfer the tofu to a plate, leaving any leftover Buffalo sauce behind.
- Add the mayo to the bowl with the remaining buffalo sauce, and whisk together. Pour the panko into another shallow bowl.
- Oven Directions: Dredge the marinated tofu in the buffalo-mayo mixture, then in the panko, and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until the panko coating starts to brown.
- Air Fryer Directions: Dredge the marinated tofu in the buffalo-mayo mixture, then in the panko, and arrange in a single layer in your air fryer basket. Air fry at 375° F for 20-25 minutes, until the panko coating starts to brown.
Make the slaw
- Toss all of the slaw ingredients together in a large bowl. Chill until you're ready to serve.
Make the tacos
- Arrange 3 tofu pieces in each tortilla, then top with a generous dollop of slaw and a sprinkle of green onions. Serve immediately.