Baked buffalo tofu wings are spicy, crunchy, and so easy to make in the oven or in the air fryer. You'll love these tofu nuggets dipped in creamy, dilly tahini sauce!
These flavorful buffalo tofu bites are seriously addictive and so versatile! See the serving suggestions section below for lots of delicious ways to dish them up.
Crunchy buffalo tofu wings couldn't be easier to make and only take about an hour. There's about 15 minutes of active cooking time, and then they bake for 50 minutes in the oven (or air fry for 20-25 minutes).
Here's the breakdown:
- Press the tofu, then slice into mini fingers, like in the video/photos and marinate.
- Dredge the marinated tofu in spicy buffalo mayo and panko, and bake or air fry without flipping.
- Serve with dilly dipping sauce, that you make right in your blender, while the tofu is in the oven.
This recipe uses vegan mayo as the binder. If you haven't tried this trick yet, prepare to be amazed! It's one of my favorite vegan binders for breading.
You will get the best results with this recipe if you take the time to press your tofu before you begin. Pressing the tofu is important for getting that good, chewy texture that makes tofu delicious.
Pressing also gets the water out, so your tofu can drink in plenty of spicy, vinegar-y buffalo sauce marinade.
I have made this tofu both with and without pressing, and it's still tasty without. Just know that if you don't press, the texture isn't quite as firm, and the extra water makes the panko coating flake off more readily.
But back to these buffalo tofu wings for a second. There are so many delicious ways to serve these babies!
- Serve as party finger food, with the dilly dipping sauce on the side for dipping.
- Use them to make buffalo tofu tacos. They're delightful topped with my creamy broccoli slaw!
- Throw them onto your next salad, and use the sauce as your dressing.
- Roll them into buffalo tofu wraps.
- Use the dipping sauce as a spread to make an awesome buffalo tofu sandwich with pickles, lettuce and tomato.
- Toss the sauce with warm, cooked noodles of your choice and top with the tofu to make an easy buffalo tofu pasta. Add steamed or roasted broccoli to finish off this dish.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator, where they will keep for three to four days. The sauce will keep separately for up to a week.
Reheat the buffalo tofu nuggets in the oven or the air fryer. I don't recommend reheating in the microwave, because they won't be as crunchy.
Baked buffalo tofu wings recipe
For the tofu
Make the tofu
- Toss together the tofu pieces and half of the buffalo sauce in a shallow dish. Set aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes, then transfer the tofu to a plate, leaving any leftover Buffalo sauce behind.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F, if you're baking.
- Add the mayo to the bowl with the remaining Buffalo sauce, and whisk together. Pour the panko into another shallow bowl.
- Oven Directions: Dredge the marinated tofu in the Buffalo-mayo mixture, then in the panko, and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until the panko coating starts to brown.
- Air Fryer Directions: Dredge the marinated tofu in the Buffalo-mayo mixture, then in the panko, and arrange in a single layer in your air fryer basket. Air fry at 375° F for 20-25 minutes, until the panko coating starts to brown.
Make the sauce - Do this while the tofu is in the oven!
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in your blender or food processor. Puree until smooth, adding more water by the tablespoon, as needed, to get things moving.