I’ve been making this Vegan Broccoli Slaw once a week lately. It couldn’t be simpler, and it’s such a crowd-pleaser!
Guys, Dave and I have a new favorite lazy meal: fishless or crabless tacos with Vegan Broccoli Slaw on the side. The tacos are probably the laziest thing I make right now:
- Air fry Gardein Fishless Filets or Crabless Cakes.
- Pile them into your favorite kind of tortillas with sliced avocado and a little bit of hot sauce.
- Serve with a side of Vegan Broccoli Slaw. Or spoon the slaw into your taco! You do you.
It’s no health food meal, but it is freaking delicious! The slaw takes under 10 minutes to make, so you can whip it up while the Gardein* stuff cooks in the air fryer. It’s perfect for an evening when Dave gets home late, and I’m tired from working/chasing a preschooler.
Of course, you don’t have to make my new favorite lazy taco to enjoy this Vegan Broccoli Slaw! It’s also great:
- With sandwiches!
- Stuffed into wraps!
- At cookouts!
- At picnics!
Pretty much any time you’d reach for traditional cabbage slaw, you can serve this beautiful broccoli slaw instead. It’s seriously versatile. And delicious!
This Vegan Broccoli Slaw couldn't be easier! It's crunchy, creamy, and you only need six ingredients to make it.
- 1 cup minced broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage You can use green cabbage, if you can't find purple. You can also use shredded kale, if cabbage isn't your thing!
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds optional. You can also use other nuts or seeds, like sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
Toss everything together in a large bowl. Chill until you're ready to serve.
*Gardein did not compensate me in any way for this mention. I just really like having their frozen goodness on hand for a quick meal.