Baked Tofu Skewers starring flavorful Lemon-Rosemary Marinade are perfect for picnics and dinner parties! Serve them hot or cold.
Baked Tofu Skewers
You don't have to fire up the grill to have veggie skewer goodness! These Baked Tofu Skewers scream summer, but you bake them in the oven instead of cooking on the grill.
I don't know what it is about food on sticks, but skewers just make dinner more fun! And fun food tastes better. That's just science.
They are perfect for a busy evening when you want a summery supper, and pressing the tofu for them is quick and easy with the EZ Tofu Press!
Making Baked Tofu Skewers requires very little hands-on time. Soak your bamboo skewers while you press and marinate your tofu, then put it together and bake in the oven, flipping once.
If you want to save time, you can press your tofu the night before and marinate it overnight, so you just have to skewer and bake at supper time.
Do I really need to press my tofu?
For this recipe, the answer is YES!
Pressing the tofu is so important in this recipe. You want your tofu nice and firm, so it will hold up to skewering. You also want it to have plenty of room to drink in your flavorful marinade. I use my EZ Tofu Press to press the excess water out of my tofu.
You can get out around a half cup of water when you use the EZ Tofu Press, which turns your block of tofu into a flavor sponge, ready to drink in your marinade.
Speaking of that marinade! I'm obsessed with this easy Lemon-Rosemary Marinade that also works as a salad dressing. Whisk together your oil, vinegar, herbs, and spices, and you're ready to season that tofu.
Let's do it!
More tofu recipes
Baked Tofu Skewers with Lemon-Rosemary Marinade
For the Marinade
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary leaves - chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper - to taste
For the Skewers
- 1 block extra firm tofu - pressed and diced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- ½ of a red onion - cut into big chunks
- 1 bell pepper - (any color - I used orange!)
- 1 8 ounce package button mushrooms - stems removed
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Submerge 6 bamboo skewers in enough water to cover. Set aside to soak, while you prep everything else.
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Transfer the tofu pieces to a shallow dish, and pour the marinade over them. Set aside to marinate while you prep the rest of your veggies. I'd marinate for at least 15 minutes, but 30 to 60 minutes is ideal.
- Make your skewers! Arrange the tofu, grape tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, and mushrooms on your skewers, and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat. Brush on extra marinade.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping and brushing with more marinade after 15 minutes.