Baked tofu fajitas are an easy, hands-off meal that’s perfect for busy weeknight cooking. They take an hour from chop to finish.
This recipe for baked tofu fajitas is another tofu recipe for my awesome sponsors at EZ Tofu Press. Marinate your tofu in easy, homemade fajita seasoning, then bake with fajita veggies. Serve it up with tortillas and your favorite fajita toppings! I’m serving mine with:
- vegan sour cream
- my 10 Minute Guacamole
- sunflower seeds (What can I say? I’m crazy about sunflower seeds right now!)
- vegan cheese shreds
You can follow my lead or choose your own fajita adventure. There is no wrong answer when you’re loading deliciousness into a tortilla!
About the EZ Tofu Press
Pressing your tofu is mission critical in this recipe. Pressing out the excess water gives your tofu that dense, chewy mouthfeel that you’re looking for, and the EZ Tofu Press does a really great job pressing tofu quickly and evenly.
Look at how much water you can get out of one block of tofu with this press – it’s no joke, y’all.
Getting the water out not only improves the texture of your tofu, but it makes room for the tofu to soak up that yummy fajita spice mix.
Got your tofu pressed? Let’s make some Baked Tofu Fajitas, y’all!
Baked Tofu Fajitas
For the fajita seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch or potato starch - optional, but it does help the seasoning stick to the tofu
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Baked Tofu Fajitas
- 1 block extra firm tofu - pressed and cut into small strips
- 1 cup sliced sweet onion
- 1 1/2 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 tortillas of your choice
- fajita toppings of choice - see above for suggestions
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
Make the Fajita Seasoning Mix & season the tofu
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, cornstarch, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, and salt.
- In an 8x8" glass pan, gently toss the tofu together with the Fajita Seasoning Mix. Make sure you get all of the pieces well coated. Set the tofu aside to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
Prep the veggies, & assemble the Baked Tofu Fajitas.
- Slice the onion and green pepper into strips. Add them to the glass pan with the tofu and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, to make sure things cook evenly.
- While the fajitas bake, wrap the tortillas in tin foil. Toss them into the oven on the top rack for the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
Assemble & serve.
- Transfer the Baked Tofu Fajitas to a serving bowl, and serve with the tortillas and toppings. Let your family assemble their own - that's part of the fun!