You won't believe how easy it is to make your own coffee shop level vegan matcha latte at home. And you don't need a milk frother to do it!
Y'all, I'm obsessed with matcha lately! I love starting the day with a creamy avocado matcha smoothie, but now that the weather is cooling down, I'm leaning more towards a hot vegan matcha latte in the morning.
This recipe is super simple. It only takes five minutes and three ingredients to make. It almost doesn't feel like a recipe, but I wanted to share with you, so you could see how easy it is to make a matcha latte at home that's just as good as the ones at Starbucks.
If you want your finished drink to have that nice, foamy head, you do need a high speed blender. You can still make this with a regular blender, it just. might not get as frothy on top.
Ingredients and substitutions
- vegan milk - Choose whatever dairy-free milk you like for this matcha latte!
- matcha powder - Some matcha powders contain dairy, so check the ingredients before you buy. I like this one. It tastes good and is at a good price point.
- agave nectar - You don't have to sweeten this drink, but I do like a touch of agave. It gives it such a nice flavor and balances out matcha's natural bitterness. You can use your favorite sweetener instead, if you don't want to use agave.
How to make a vegan matcha latte at home
Add all of the ingredients to your high speed blender, and blend until completely smooth.
Pour into your glass, and warm in the microwave to your desired temperature.
That's really it! It's just SO easy!
- You do need a high speed blender if you want your vegan matcha latte to have that frothy foam on top.
- Serve this up hot or cold - your choice!
Frequently asked questions
It is, as long as you ask for vegan milk. The powder they use is vegan.
Instead of a non-dairy creamer, I like using soy or oat milk to make my vegan matcha latte. Use all milk and no water, and your results will be nice and creamy!
More rich and creamy hot drinks
Vegan Matcha Latte
- Add all of the ingredients to your high speed blender, and blend until completely smooth. Pour into your glass, and warm in the microwave to your desired temperature.