This recipe is sponsored by EZ Tofu Press. All opinions are 100% my own.
Spicy Baked Buffalo Tofu Bites are perfect dipped into rich-and-creamy Dilly Tahini Dipping Sauce.
Guys, I am obsessed with all things Buffalo! That vinegar-forward, spicy sauce has a special place in my heart, and I’m yet to find anything not improved by a heavy hand with the Buffalo. These Buffalo Tofu Bites couldn’t be easier to make!
- Press your tofu with your EZ Tofu Press, then slice into mini fingers, like in the video.
- Dredge the cubes in spicy Buffalo mayo and panko, and bake.
- Serve with Creamy Tahini Dressing, that you can make right in your blender, while the tofu is in the oven.
You will get the best results with this recipe if you take the time to press your tofu. Pressing the tofu for your Buffalo Tofu Bites is important for getting that good, chewy texture that makes tofu great. It also gets the water out, so your tofu can drink in plenty of spicy, vinegar-y Buffalo marinade.
I have made this Buffalo tofu without pressing, and it’s still tasty. The texture isn’t quite the same without pressing, though, and the extra water makes the panko coating flake off more readily.
You can use other methods to press your tofu, but I really love how quickly, easily, and evenly the EZ Tofu Press does it.
The EZ Tofu Press also gets out what is a frankly shocking amount of water. I shot a little promotional video with them last year, and we pressed eight blocks of tofu over the course of the day. After we pressed the first block, we thought it would be fun to measure how much water we were getting out, and we got out a full half cup of liquid, on average!
But back to these Buffalo Tofu Bites for a second. There are so many delicious ways to serve these babies!
- Put them onto toothpicks, and serve as party finger food, with the Creamy Tahini Sauce on the side for dipping.
- Throw them onto your next salad, and use the Creamy Tahini Sauce as your dressing.
- Roll them into wraps and dip the whole wrap in the sauce.
- Make them the main dish with mashed potatoes and a kale salad or your favorite veggie on the side.
Whatever you decide to do, I think they will become a new favorite of yours, like they have for me! Let’s make some Buffalo Tofu Bites, y’all.
Spicy Baked Buffalo Tofu Bites are perfect dipped into rich-and-creamy Tahini Dressing.
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar optional
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
Toss together the tofu pieces and the Buffalo sauce in a shallow dish. Set aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes, then transfer the tofu to a plate, leaving any leftover Buffalo sauce behind.
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Add the mayo to the bowl with the reserved Buffalo sauce, and whisk together. Pour the panko into another shallow bowl.
Dredge the marinated tofu in the Buffalo-mayo mixture, then in the panko, and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 50 minutes.
Combine all of the sauce ingredients in your blender or food processor. Puree until smooth, adding more water by the tablespoon, as needed, to get things moving.
This recipe makes four main-course servings. If you are serving this as finger food or a side dish, you will get 6-8 servings out of this recipe.