Got a vegan friend coming to your next party? Feed them like a king with these easy vegan party foods that will have even your non-vegan guests digging in!
When it comes to party food, vegans want what any other party guest would want: satisfying, delicious food. We just don't want ours to contain animal products.
Whether you're attending a potluck or throwing a cocktail or a New Year's Eve party, you can totally have a delicious, plant based spread. These vegan party food ideas include reader favorites and faves of mine from over the years.
I've broken the list into four categories:
- Appetizers and finger foods
- Dips and spreads
- Sweet treats
For me, these are the elements of any good party spread, vegan or otherwise.
Appetizers and finger foods
Appetizers and finger foods are always a hit at parties. If you're looking for heartier potluck recipes, you'll find the main dishes section of this post helpful.
I'm lumping appetizers and finger foods together, because so often the two are interchangeable. There are tons of options here to choose from!
Dips and spreads
Is it even a party without some good dips? The answer is no, and these vegan party foods have got you covered, from vegan cheese balls to hummus and more!
Every vegan party spread needs a few sweet treats. Here are some easy plant based sweets that your guests will love.
Store-bought vegan party food
If you don't feel like cooking from scratch, don't panic! There are lots of accidentally vegan snacks at the store that are party-ready.
These are some of my favorite pre-made, savory vegan party foods:
- Sweet Chili Doritos
- Skinny Pop White Cheddar (yes, it's vegan!)
- plain ruffled potato chips
- most BBQ or salt and vinegar potato chips (though do check for dairy ingredients. You'd be surprised!)
- crackers and hummus
- Any of Target's plant-based dips and spreads.
- Simple Truth also makes a line of plant-based dips. I'm a big fan of their Cilantro-Jalapeno dip.
- mixed nuts
I'd honestly be thrilled if a host had one or two of these as the vegan option on a party table.
For sweet treats, there are lot of great store-bought vegan options, too! These are some of my favorites.
- Oreos (Most varieties are vegan, though a few of the new flavors aren't, so check for dairy.)
- any of these vegan gummy candies
- A lot of pre-made fruit pies are vegan. Check the ingredients for dairy. Most Marie Callendar fruit pies are vegan, for sure, though you do need to warm these frozen pies in the oven before serving.
- vanilla wafers
- Back to Nature Chocolate Chip Cookies or Whole Foods Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (in the bakery section)
- fresh or dried fruit
Of course, this is only a selection. If you take some time to look at ingredients, you'll be surprised at how many party foods you can find that are intentionally or accidentally vegan! Some are even labeled vegan, right on the package.